Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pillow talk.



I’m writing from my bed. Seven weeks in and it’s finally the comfortable sanctuary it’s intended to be. As I mentioned awhile back, sheets are few and far between out here, and I like me some sheets. I put off looking for them out here, and my procrastination was rewarded on Thursday with the arrival of Chris and Natalie’s care package. Contents? A full set of sheets: grey, wrinkle-free, perfect. In addition to sheets (which, after seeing, I literally hugged to my chest) I received Annie’s shells and cheese, small growing kits for strawberries and tomatoes, play dough, and a shitload of candy. It made my entire day.

This care package comes on the heels of Margaret’s package, which arrived last Saturday. I called Margaret immediately and gave a live narrative of my unwrapping the barrage of goodies she had sent me. Lot’s of “Oh my God!”s soared across the Skype connection as I discovered, among other things, two batches of homemade cookies, and a giant Rice Krispie treat (my staple road trip food.) Nearly everything was devoured within a few days.

So now here I lay, on my freshly sheeted bed with my soft new mattress pad, full on Mac & Cheese, and watching Planet Earth in the upper left hand corner of my computer. David Attenborough is telling me about Angel Falls, “the highest waterfall on planet Earth.”

Soon I will be receiving one more package, which I cannot wait for. (Geez Nick, greedy much? Can’t you just be content with what you’ve already received?) I can and I am… but the next package coming contains the new glasses I ordered! My D&Gs have served me well over the last four years, but it’s time for a new era of facial adornment. The new pair is green and cute and-

OH SHIT A CROCODILE JUST TOOK OUT A WILDABEAST! This footage requires my attention. Ciao! (Or chow if you’re a crocodile. As in down.)

2 comments:

  1. great entry! you're so creative and funny. you made my carepackage look like it came from 1960!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The granola bars you packed probably came from 1960. Haha.

    ReplyDelete